photo q1_zpscd9da648.png  photo dot_zpsb8876eec.png  photo q2_zps95da3dae.png  photo dot_zpsb8876eec.png  photo q3_zps747c53f9.png  photo dot_zpsb8876eec.png  photo q6_zps32c3ba5d.png  photo dot_zpsb8876eec.png  photo q4_zpse6214d9c.png  photo dot_zpsb8876eec.png  photo q5_zps8a7bdd1d.png

Wednesday 29 April 2015

Block 1 - Hillside House QAL

Hi everyone! Today I'm releasing the pattern for the first block of the #HillsideHousesQAL . This is House #1 on the coloring sheet.



To download the PDF of the pattern, click here.

Here's a few things to keep in mind when making your block:

1) The placement of this block is on the lower left in the empty space shown below.



2) The quilt has options for three different sizes. Don't get overwhelmed when you see the pattern, just stay in your lane and keep your eye on the prize!!

     a)  Throw size -  60" x 75"; the first block is 20" sq
     b)  Wall-hanging size - 30" x 37"; the first block is 10" sq
     c)  Mini - 15" x 18"; the first block is a tiny 5"

3) The coloring sheet has all the house numbers (addresses) on it, so it's a good reference to keep your pieces organized. I will refer to the house numbers on the pattern. The coloring sheet can be found here.

4) If you are making yours in different colors or arrangement, just take notice that I have used a dark shade on one side, and light shade of the same color on the other side of each house. I encourage you to make yours however you want, I just wanted to point that out in case it was difficult to tell. Don't feel obligated to make yours this way!!

5) Have fun. Have fun. HAVE FUN!!!

Let me know if you have any questions! I will release the next block pattern next Wednesday!







21 comments:

  1. Doing my block in the morning! I'm so glad you started bottom left. Not that it really matters, that's just where I always start too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cristina! This is so Super! I'm in love with these houses! I have already Fabrics to use in my mind but don't have time to start now .... have to wait and enjoy seeing yours. Have a lovely day! x Teje
    www.nerospost.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I'm saving the patterns and need to collect solids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just would hug you if this computer could!!! Thank you for the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just would hug you if this computer could!!! Thank you for the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a genius idea for a quilt! You really are an amazing designer Cristina! I would love to join in but my quilt queue is already too long - very inspiring though!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a super sweet quilt. Thanks so much for sharing a quilt along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited to get started! I just need to finalize my color scheme :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun Quilt Along. I think I'll join in and make the mini!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for doing this Cristina! Such a fun pattern - my quilting mojo is coming back!! lol :) Can't wait to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic! I found you on instagram and this will be a fun project! Thank you for your generosity! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for designing this beautiful hillside qal! And I am participating too! Finished my first five inch mini! The Squares fir the HST could be a tad bigger. It is quite a challenge to sew so accurately! I love it! Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just found this QAL from Sew Fresh Quilts. Houses draw me, so I'll be following even though I don't have the fabric yet to sew along. I may get started this weekend though. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful design! I love house quilts and I might just make yours. I have downloaded your patterns from Crafsty. I find it incredible that you included measurements for three different sizes. I'm hesitating between the mini and the wall hanging... Thank you for your generosity and creative design!
    Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just heard about this QAL. Like the houses and colors. Will be going through my stash.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the look of this. Those yellow windows give the houses a nice warm glow. Thanks for the QAL

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks so neat!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this! Are the fabric requirements for the throw size? I am planning on making the mini, so I need a lot less fabric, right!? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was sent here to your blog and QAL by Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts. I think this is one of the cutest quilts I've seen and I totally love that it's all in solids though it would be stunning in small prints, too. I can not possibly begin a new project at this time, but I am saving your block pdfs and blog notes so I can tackle it at anothe time. Thank you for the design but for also making it available via your blog as I don't do Intagram.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love, love, love this!! Went and bought fabric today. Now that I see there are three sizes listed, I hope I bought correctly. I can really see this done in Kaffe's shot cottons.
    Question- do you prewash the AMB fabrics? Not sure if they will shrink up or bleed in the wash.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Deb! This is my first time using AMB fabric too, and I didn't prewash them. I always use color catchers when I was quilts, and I'm not afraid of throwing the entire box in there! I wish I could be of more help, but I'm sure everything will work out fine:)

      Delete

I love and appreciate all comments, and will respond to you as soon as I can:) If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address so I can write you back.

XOXO Cristina