photo q1_zpscd9da648.png  photo dot_zpsb8876eec.png  photo q2_zps95da3dae.png  photo dot_zpsb8876eec.png  photo q3_zps747c53f9.png  photo dot_zpsb8876eec.png  photo q6_zps32c3ba5d.png  photo dot_zpsb8876eec.png  photo q4_zpse6214d9c.png  photo dot_zpsb8876eec.png  photo q5_zps8a7bdd1d.png

Sunday 12 April 2015

Button Up Quilt


Button Up Quilt

It feels like forever since I have been able to take a good picture of a quilt. I was very, very happy that the weather was nice today because I just finished up the binding on this one last night. We jumped in the car for a family outing in Thetford Forest and it was an awesome location for quilt pics. I always feel a little weird when taking quilt pics in public places because everyone stares at me like I'm a crazy person. There was a group of picnic-ers behind me gawking when I snapped this shot.

For this quilt I used Cluck Cluck Sew's Button Up pattern, and it's really a fun and easy top to put together. I'm very excited about this quilt because all the fabric was from my current stash. The yellows and greens in the quilt aren't consistent throughout but I was determined not to buy any new fabric for this project. I've been on a fabric fast lately, and am trying to use as much as I can before the big move.

button up quilt

The backing was actually a temporary-turned-permanent set of curtains in house that I made from Glamping gingham fabric. I felt like Scarlett O'Hara as I ripped those suckers down and used them to back the quilt. But I think the backing is perfect for a "country" look. According to my calculations, making this quilt was basically free because I was so resourceful with my current stash--and everyone knows that fabric purchased over 30 days ago doesn't count;)

Hope everyone else is enjoying the weather and is working on some fun projects. : )

Button Up Quilt

6 comments:

  1. such a cute pattern and I love that not all your yellows are the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the colors being different looks great. I love the backing! I've got some Hollys Tree Farm coming and I'm going to stop buying fabric for awhile. It gets ridiculous. Im determined to use scraps and my vintage fabrics for the Farm Girl Friday's. Im still so scared at putting fabrics together. Maybe I will pull for each block, and not be so intimidated :) anyhow, great finish! It's so nice to see a completed quilt isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt turned out great, I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your quilt. The back is just perfect. I am going to have to remember the 30 day rule. lol
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute quilt, and beautiful pics! I got a laugh out of you feeling like Scarlett O'Hara. One of my very fave movies!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute quilt!! I love that the colors are subtly different....reminds me of a "grandma's button jar."

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate all comments, and will respond to you as soon as I can:) If you are a no-reply blogger, please leave an email address so I can write you back.

XOXO Cristina